Who doesn’t love a good rainbow?
I love having rainbows all over our house so this is a request craft in our house. Tag us in your pictures or save this post for a fun craft idea for a later date.
- Rainbow colored paper collage material (I used a combo of cut up old art, colored paper, pom-poms, scrapbook paper, fabric, & buttons
- Cardboard rainbow shapes (I used cereal boxes in these photos, but you can also use thicker cardboard from boxes)
- Optional craft wire to make a hanger.
PREPARING MATERIALS AND PRESENTING YOUR CREATIVE TABLE
- First, make a rainbow template. Cut out one rainbow shape from regular paper, and use that to trace on top of the cardboard.
- Next, prepare your collage materials. Collect lots of scraps throughout your house, you can print off different patterns if you don’t have card-stock! I also found some fabric scraps, pom- poms, & buttons too.
- Cut them up into square and rectangle shapes and put each color into their own bowls.
- Grab a rainbow & place glue along the sides.
- Then, just let the children do their thing. You can just stand back and enjoy watching their process and listening to their chatter.
- When the rainbows have dried, you can punch two holes at the top and add a wire if you want to hang it up on a nail. This is optional.