Who wouldn’t love a mini banjo?
Sign me up, because even without kiddos I love making these! Does anyone else remember all the cool crafts you got to make in elementary school, man I thought I was cool ha.
You will need:
• Jumbo craft sticks – one per banjo
• Loom Bands – four per banjo
• Washi tape
• Duct tape
• Craft glue
Tag us in your pictures or save this post for a fun craft idea for a later date.
- Place four loom bands over the lid and secure in place with a pice of duct tape as shown (I did try hot glue gun for a more seamless finish but guess what? the loom bands melted and snapped as soon as they touched the hot glue – whoops!)
- Next cut the end from your jumbo craft stick and decorate it with a washi tape pattern.
- Now attach the lid with loom bands in place to the craft stick with a second piece of duct tape.
- Finally use small dabs of craft glue to stick on your sequins, or alternatively use plastic gems or a marker to draw the little tuning knobs on the end of your banjo handle.